Friday, April 27, 2007

Dear Parents

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Dear Parents,

Um.

So.

The garden flooded last night. I have no idea how it happened, but the red plastic tap by the hose faucet got turned on and was spilling water like it was going out of fashion all night long.

This is strange because I have not been anywhere near that tap since the day you left and I watered those few plants you said needed attention. It has rained about every three or four days since then (including last night's big storm), so I have not been in the garden as watering the plants has been unnecessary. I also could not have touched that tap as I only became aware of it's existence today, reaching around between mud, ivy roots and the odd purplish, grey slug, while trying to ascertain if there was a broken pipe.

Unless Jeeves has somehow developed opposable thumbs, I cannot explain how this happened. I am, however, beginning to suspect him because he thinks it's the absolute cat's pajamas and has been running back and forth as fast as he can through the small lake that was once the lawn.

He has been shut out of the house at this point in time.

...Out of curiosity and hopefully not necessity, should I need to shut off the water main in the future where would it be located?

-Your loving, wet, muddy, distressed second born.

No comments: