Sunday, April 22, 2007

Letter to Mater

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Hi mummy!

I have a job interview Monday for an administrative assistant position in Palo Alto. The salary is $40-45,000.

I also have an awful eye infection that's terribly, terribly painful. So painful, in fact, that I braved going to the doctor and had some nurse practitioner tell me that I have an eye infection, because having a red, puffy eyelid and excruciating pain wasn't enough of an indication for me. She also showed me an article about it on the "internet" - very clever. You know, I hear they have this "internet" thing on computers now.

She gave me opthalmic antibiotics. Which was what I went in for. Well, that and you know how I love sitting around in waiting rooms for hours reading ancient copies of "Ladies Home Journal" and the Palo Alto Daily News (Soft, strong and thoroughly absorbant. Much like Quilted Northern). The whole experience just reinforced my mistrust of doctors. Hopefully the infection will go away soon, because it makes me not want to do anything except lie around and feel sorry for myself.

I've made lentil soup twice now with potatoes and carrots. It's great and lasts forever.

The neighbours across the cul de sac, the ones that no one talks to, with that yappy black and white spaniel have had their tree cut down. It's the big tree between their house and Joann's. It looks awful and I've decided that they must be Satanists, because who else would cut down such a big beautiful tree?

Miss you lots.

A

PS. Oh yeah, the faucet in the kitchen is brok-ed. I'm not sure what to do. John said he'd take a look at it, but he's gone to watch them release a condor in the East Pinnacles today.

No comments: