Thursday, February 7, 2008

My disfigurement

In keeping with the tradition of documenting injuries/medical affilictions of myself, I thought it necessary to post the following picture:



If it is not clear what the injury is (because I used a camera phone to take it), perhaps the following better illustrates it's location:



This occurred because after a particularly grueling dentist experience yesterday to fix a chip in my tooth, I was left completely numb on the left side of my face for several hours. Apparently I take a lot of anesthetic and the particular nerve that was needed to be reached is "high" compared to most people - it took 3 separate injections to find. Those hours of numbness happened to include my traditional dining hour and I accidentally consumed part of my own lip, discovering it not because of the pain (that came later) but because I started bleeding profusely.


No comments: