Monday, March 10, 2008

Unlearn

I have so many things to unlearn! :

Ryan called this evening on his way to super hero practice and I was sure that it was because he had wrecked the truck. Until I answered and he had actually called to tell me that there was an interesting Terry Gross interview on the radio. This is not the first time he's called and I have been sure that it was something dreadful like that. I learned this line of thinking or rather my brain wired itself that way after several phone calls (clearly not from Ryan...) which that was the case .

"Alice. I need you to come and pick me up. I ran out of gas on the highway."

"Alice. Alice. Wake up. I crashed your car."

"God dammit! Some fucking bitch was on the wrong side of the road. I need you to come get me. The bike's trashed and my knees fucked up."

"Alice. Hey. Yeah. So I just got back from the hospital. I rear ended some Asian guy on my bike. The bike's totaled."

"So. I crashed the truck."

"So. I crashed the bike. Again. I have to have surgery. No, I don't know what happened. No, I don't remember. No! I don't know how it happened! They're putting pins in my foot."

In other news:

We went to Ithaca!

It was like Narnia!

Pictures soon!

2 comments:

Miss Bee said...

Much like, "Babe, do you think you can take about three weeks off from school and work? I need to kick this little Vicodin habit and we need to go away for awhile. We need to leave tomorrow. This is the last time, I swear."

Incident Alice said...

Yes. I restricted myself to him wrecking vehicles, leaving out the trips to Mexico to buy drogas, the drinking and driving that didn't result in him crashing something and other, various nefarious incidents that I either heard about or was subjected to.