Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Old Entry!

There was a point in my life when I was convinced I was going crazy and, in and effort to disprove this fact, I started cataloguing random people I thought might be crazier than me. Here was the first entry.

People Weirder Than Me

Sunday, October 01, 2006


In the spirit of making lists, I thought it only fair that if I am keeping track of people who think _I'm_ crazy, I should keep track of people who _I think_ are crazy.


Here's the first entry:


http://www.unicorn-dream.co.uk/hooves2.html


This is a website about how to make your own hooves. It's not really that funny, just alarming. Especially because the demonstration picture features a hand belonging to a grown man:



The website, which explains exhaustively (in 6 stages to be exact) the process of making hooves for oneself, also points out that although the directions are for single-toed hooves, "With some thought, there is no reason why the same technique cannot be adapted for bifurcated hooves, so all you wouldbe unicorns, deer, goats, sheep, and cattle - don't despair"


It also instructs it's readers to go and look at a real horse, by way of booking a riding lesson at a local riding program. Because just marching up to a riding instructor and telling them you need to look at some hooves, as you are making a pair to wear around the house would just be plain weird.


The best part is the very end though. I can't really summarize it, I just start laughing too hard every time I read it:


"Unless things have gone drastically wrong, You should now be a quadruped! Hope you have as much fun with them as I have! (And if you want to take the challenge, wearing hooves I've managed to dress, type, write with a pen, read a book, and pick up individual nuts from a bowlful!)"


There you have it. Someone wierder than me.



Much weirder.

1 comment:

Sam said...

Um...hooves. I suppose everyone needs a hobby, right?!