Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Breast milk and arguing with hippies.

Apparently there's been a saga going on with regards to the breastmilk ad I saw on Craiglist:

re breast milk..


Reply to: see below
Date: 2008-09-30, 8:38PM EDT


THAT IS JUST GROSS, AND I DO BELIEVE YOU REALLY SHOULDN'T DO THAT.MAYBE AGAINST HEALTH CODE.. SOMEONE SHOULD CALL HEALTH DEPT.AND HAVE SOME ONE ELSE FEED THEIR BABY YOUR BREAST MILK, UMMM NO.. NOT RIGHT... THROW IT AWAY.

I've complained before about people who TYPE IN ALL CAPS when placing an ad. Usually the ads written in all caps are the ones that make the least sense. Anyway. There was a response:

Those who are bashing my Breast milk


Reply to: see below
Date: 2008-10-01, 8:30AM EDT


I'm sorry you are offended. I am trying to help someone in our area who would like to give their baby the best milk they can and can not breast feed themselves. Where do you think babies in NICU's get their milk from when the mothers are not able to BF. Most NICU's try not to give formula's (at least the one's i know.) that way they give their child the best start they can. You can buy BM threw banks so no it's not illegal to sell it. You want my medical records, i am clean and have been. They test you every pregnancy for any STD's or anything else you can transmit.

to the one who posted the link. Thanks...I never got a response from them when i did try and donate with them

Damn hippies, arguing without having all the facts again. It's still gross, no matter how wonderful you think it is - who knows what kind of crap you eat, drink or smoke and why should anyone believe you when you say otherwise?
***
One time I got in an argument with a hippy who told me paying attention to politics was a waste of time - that the real path to change was communal meetings with other people, in the mountains and in the forest. He'd just got back from a "gathering" in New Mexico that was so awesome, I wouldn't believe. I told him that hanging out with your friends in the desert, smoking pot and talking about yourself for a week sounded like a lot of fun but it certainly wasn't an instrument for the sweeping reform this country needs. He said I didn't understand the power that can be created at gatherings. I asked him what they had accomplished during this particular gathering that he had just returned from. He said it was just the love that they all grew together. I said giggled and said no, that was from the mushrooms. He told me I didn't get it. I told him he was taking the easy route. It's disheartening and depressing to follow politics but going and hiding in the desert while your whole world is coopted by evil millionaires is irresponsible. He gave me a disgusted look. Or maybe it was disgusting. He did have horrible greasy dreads and hadn't showered or changed his clothes (admittedly! he admitted it!) in about 3 weeks.
***
Addendum!

Breast Milk Is Best!


Reply to: see below
Date: 2008-10-01, 9:18AM EDT


Studies have found that breast fed babies are healthier through life than non breast fed babies. They have less infections and colds and overall health and brain function is better. Hats off to you girl'! If you can produce it good for you and god bless the babies that get iT!


No comments: