Saturday, February 21, 2009

Overheard

These are three things that I have overheard in the last 2 days:

1. "I love coming to Chili Fest. Only nice people eat chili."

2. "Oh My God That Looks SO GOOD. We have to buy it and look, it's glutton-free! I wonder what glutton-free means..."

3. "YOU should watch where your walking, missy."

The last one wasn't so much overheard as it was directly shouted at me, from the window of a car in the Wegman's parking lot. The old man was apparently disturbed and disconcerted by my gradual realisation that I was on the wrong side of the parking "aisle" and the resulting walking somewhat near the front of his (stopped and waiting for another car to get out of the way) car.

I'm glad he had something to tell the wife about, when he got home.

1 comment:

La Nina said...

That is, IF he talks to his wife at all, as opposed to barking orders at her.