Sunday, February 26, 2012

subject: re: I don't regret it, but I both rue and lament it.

To: Ken


I lifted my temporary boycott of Northstar* tonight. I may never return. At the very least, the boycott is back on. 


To: Alice


Oh dear, what happened?


To: Ken


Aside from the insultingly bland mushroom stroganoff (Ryan made a better mushroom pasta dish two weeks ago, out of stuff from our freezer and powdered milk), it took them over an hour after seating us (at 6:25) to bring us our mains (~7:40).  


To: Ken


Also the french fries were far too salty and far past done. 


To: Ken


And they burnt the toast that came with the stroganoff.


To: Alice


Ewww.


*The temporary boycott was because the last time we went, the waitress was so condescending and awful when I asked her to point us in the direction of the hostess (it was super hard to tell the difference between all the girls in peasant blouses and dangly earrings) that I walked out. The place has notoriously snotty waitstaff and this was sort of a camel breaking straw incident, however, I was willing to try again. This time it wasn't the waitstaff so much as it was the slow kitchen.

This happened at a restaurant in the Fall Creek neighbourhood of Ithaca, New York called Northstar Public House, a place I used to love and frequent regularly, but it has sadly fallen from my graces. 

No comments: