Wednesday, March 21, 2012

begin rant

If one more person takes an ordinary, completely normal statement that I make and attributes it to my being pregnant, I will have to find some further measure to take besides just complaining about it here.

The balcony smells like squirrel pee because a squirrel spent the winter hibernating in it, not because I can smell it more easily now that I am pregnant. Homemade cheese on homemade bread is something I would enjoy whether or not I am currently gestating a foetus. I am vacuuming/folding laundry/mopping the floor/tidying up/doing dishes/scrubbing my toilet because I am presumably, by most cultural measures, an adult and adults clean their houses and non-pregnant adults can do this without it being called "nesting" - why can't I?

/rant over

No comments: