Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Black lentils. Polenta. Woody Allen.

I made this black lentil dish last night. I used Trader Joe's European Style Yoghurt instead of greek because Trader Joe's European Style Yoghurt is delicious.

Also: I have been watching the Frugal Gourmet on YouTube and Hulu. Please don't read the Wikipedia article about Jeff Smith: it is giving the same complex that Woody Allen films do, except I'm not really that interested in watching Woody Allen films in the first place* and I do enjoy the Frugal Gourmet. I console myself with thinking he's probably not making any money off of me watching and he's dead.

Anyway. I saw him make lasagne with polenta and now I want to try it. BUT. I have never successfully made polenta that held its shape. This idea has convinced me that it may be worth trying again. I mean, the worst that can happen is I end up with cornmeal mush, and I like that.

*"What makes Annie Hall a great movie is that after watching it for an hour and a half, you check the time and realize it's only actually been playing for thirty minutes. "That's enough for me," you say, and then you've got another hour to your day that you thought you had wasted watching Woody Allen! Mazel tov!" - My friend Michael.



No comments: