Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Lists; things that make me feel comfortably uncomfortable

A former student of mine asked me if I could answer some of her questions regarding my alma mater. I agreed and also put her in contact with other friends of mine that attended colleges on her list.

-She isn't necessarily like me when I was 16, however she definitely would have been my friend had we been born around the same time.

-I'm excited for her, because I'm watching her make a lot of the same discoveries I made at that age; it's hard for me, at times, not to spoil the surprise and just to let her figure out things on her own.

-She's falling in love with Kurt Vonnegut and The Flaming Lips among other heroes of mine. She's ambitious and warm and strange and says "Sometimes I weird people out; I try not to, though."

No comments: