Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hypocrite!

So only just the other day, I was complaining about the Life of Brian and how the ending is awful. So awful, in fact, that I pretend that I've never seen it.

"Oh you're English? I just love British Comedy. Have you seen The Life Of Brian?"

"Yes, just not the ending though. For some reason, despite the fact that I've seen it a few hundred times, mostly on Comedy Central and in fragments, I've just never managed to catch the ending."

You see, I think Eric Idle's songs are awful. I think that they are trite and pandering and so unlike the rest of the comedy associated with Monty Python. They're instantly the first thing Americans like about the program because it's really obvious, dumb humour (no offense). HOWEVER last night, while feeling frustrated and sorry for myself for a number of reasons*, I found the following and have posted it for mutual enjoyment.



So I am, indeed a hypocrite. I don't know why I think it's so much funnier than "Always Look On The Bright Side," it's certainly just as inane.

No comments: