Tuesday, May 20, 2008

"I don't see what the problem was."

Ryan's grandfather, I gather, was an interesting man. Ryan told me a story this morning about how he was kicked out of a bank because he called a teller a lard ass. His account was closed and he was handed a cashiers check.

"I don't see what the problem was. She was a lard ass."

Ryan has also mentioned words of guidance that his grandfather gave him. Something about broken hearts and people liking him for no good reason.
--------------
One of his friends "rejected" our invitation. That is to say, upon request for her address, she told him she wouldn't be comfortable attending. I wonder what would possess anyone to do that. I thought about it and thought about it and realized that the -polite- thing to do is to just respond to the invitation with a "not attending". As it stands, it feels like she's boycotting the wedding. (Yes, this is the second person not attending the wedding because it is "uncomfortable" for them)

Granted I've never met her so I really can't say why she would feel uncomfortable at the wedding. There are theories, but I shouldn't really speculate. It's unfair. She's missing a great party.
--------------
I have just been feeling so upset recently. Oversensitive. Scared. Insecure. I attributed it last week to my female brain chemicals going a little haywire as they are wont to do, oh, about once every 28 days or so. (I honestly started crying at the beginning of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe - who does that?? what the hell is wrong with me??). But that's all over with now and I'm still a Bundle Of Nerves and feeling very, very unlike myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here from NCLM - sending you hugs. ((((Hugs)))) It is an emotional time in all kinds of ways - your life changing as you become married, hoping the families will get along, throwing the celebratory party and wanting certain things to be just so ... and that whole bit about your life changing.

Please be easy on yourself. Do something that will make you feel good - a bath & favourite book, a walk, whatever can help you connect again from amid this whirlwind.