Thursday, September 11, 2008

Tonsillitis.

Last night Ryan said that he'd managed to scrape weird white stuff of his tonsils. Now I have tonsillitis. I'm not sure how he exhibited primary symptoms and yet I managed to be the one to be sick, but there we are. I mean I didn't even take his last name, I certainly don't want his illness.

Tonsillitis is something my mother had a lot as a child and (I think) my brother did too. I had it frequently as well. I wonder if my kids will have it often. I wonder if I'll have kids, first of all.

I don't think people get their tonsils out anymore, as it was determined a bad idea to mess around with people's immune systems. But my mother had hers out and she was given strawberry ice cream as a result.

Which is such a classic story, it's practically a meme. It also makes me think about how much I love my mother.

No comments: