Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Parsley Dumplings

me: Last night I made parsley dumpling soup.
MargoBee: ooh!
post the recipe? Please?
me: Sure.
MargoBee: I have parsley and veggies...
9:58 AM me: It's quite simple. Just start a simple broth and add your vegetables like you would any other soup.
10:00 AM While that's cooking, put 1 cup of flour, 1.5 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, about half a cup of finely chopped parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl.
Combine that, then add 1/2 cup buttermilk, 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Then, after you're soup vegetables are cooked, drop golf ball sized blobs of the batter in the simmering soup.
10:01 AM Put the lid on for 5-10 minutes.
Then check them to see if they're done.
They should be puffed up and cooked through.
10:04 AM MargoBee: thanks!

No comments: