Thursday, May 10, 2012

Baby Girl

People are so different. I found out I was having a girl and I bought books. Books on how to help me help her become a strong, confident little girl and then, strong, confident woman. Books on ways I could navigate all the pink and the princesses and the Disney garbage.

I made a personal rule (not that it would have occurred to me anyway) that she doesn't get called "princess" - I hated that even when I was a kid - my father would call me princess and I would say, "I'm not princess, I'm Alice." I want my daughter to be a productive member of society. That is my one goal.

My cousin-in-law who is expecting a baby girl a few months after ours?

"I bought a little outfit for her the day of the appointment and then the next day I couldn't help myself and got two more outfits! Next comes crafting her some hair accessories..." 

I haven't bought one outfit yet, all though I am knitting this sweater. I picked out a rich, navy blue in a wool/cotton washable blend.  


No comments: