Sunday, December 2, 2012

John Henry's Farm Album

So, I found John's album on Spotify under the band name "John Henry's Farm". It was a little strange, but here we are.

I say strange because, as someone who is regularly transported back in time by music, it was a very queer feeling to hear songs that I listened to and sang and lived through during a very tumultuous, exhilarating and strange period of my life.

I lived on beer and very little sleep and it all culminated in a terrible, terrible month of January, 2007. Before that January though, I was living through something that I needed to in order to be ready to grow up. Or something. I don't know.

It's too tiring to go into further detail right now. I just wanted to make sure that I captured this moment of feeling so strange.

2 things: 1) I miss the Farm but I don't want to go back. Kind of like: I had a fantastic time at university, but I wouldn't want to do it again now. 2)Matt Fate (John's drummer) defriended me on facebook (awhile ago) and apparently in real life too. And I have no idea why. And it makes me a little sad and a little angry (I'm learning to identify this now! It's not my fault, he's the one who behaved badly! I'm allowed to be angry with him and not me! Thanks therapy!).



No comments: