Sunday, March 30, 2008

I guess I'll stick to tea, then.

According to this article, if you're looking for a stimulant, caffeine is a greener choice than cocaine. Of course there are more gruesome reasons not to do coke, that I have learned about from a former Navy Seal.

For a number of reasons, this reminded me of something Ryan told me when we were first seeing each other:

"You're not like any of the other girls I've dated."

"Why do you say that?"

"The other girls were all squares."

I responded in kind. All the other guys I've dated were photographers, painters or musicians, certainly not rocket scientists or anything close to it. They were gregarious, super creative emotional wrecks that usually did not make green choices (see above).

I'm so happy I broke that trend. (Honestly, the guy draws his own paycheck and doesn't ever ask me to buy him cigarettes!)

----------------------

On the knitting front: I have almost completed a bag, knitted in the round, out of chocolate brown 100% worsted weight wool. I just have to finish the flap to close it and seam the bottom. Oh and knit a strap for it and felt the whole project. And then I want to decorate it with green leaves. But I've got to find a felting needle for that.

Okay. So not almost completed. But almost, almost completed. Pictures soon!

1 comment:

La Nina said...

That is some fast knitting! I too, can't wait!