Monday, March 31, 2008

My dog has learned to clean up after himself

A few days ago, Ryan made a tart:It was delicious. We had eaten all but one slice as of this morning, which I noticed was sitting on the counter this morning when I woke up. I thought to myself:

"I must not forget to put that away before I leave Jeeves here alone with it."


Then I promptly forgot to put it away before I left Jeeves alone with it. As soon as I got to work, I remembered. On my way home I started seeing images of shattered pyrex and pie all over the kitchen and sure enough, as soon as I opened the front door, he tried to dart out with his tail between his legs. I thwarted this attempt and he then shot into the bedroom and curled up on his bed. I walked into the kitchen and nothing. No shattered pie plate. No bits of apple smeared across the linoleum. Not even an uneaten pie sitting calmly in it's dish where I'd left it. Nothing. I checked the fridge to see if I had actually put it away before I'd left and just forgotten.

Then I looked in the sink, where, sure enough the dish was sitting, empty.

So Jeeves had eaten the pie and then put the dish in the sink.

Now if only I could get him to clean up his toys.


No comments: